Apple Yarns has been a proud sponsor since the inception of KnittedKnocker.org in 2011. Simply said, we love all the volunteers and are extremely proud of all the work they do. Andrea has been on the board since 2011 and Apple Yarns is a proud sponsor.
When you're shipping your unstuffed knit and crochet breast protheses to www.knittedkockers.org it is the home of Apple Yarns and www.appleyarns.com. We're also the back drop in most of the videos.
Check out our favorite video HERE.
Favorite Yarns HERE.
Apple Yarns, 1405 Fraser St., #F103, Bellingham, WA 98229
- Apple Yarns partially underwrites the cost of Ultra Pima in the favorite colors saving all the volunteers money
- We will price match in Ultra Pima and Ultra Pima Fine, same color, firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-756-9992, ask for Andrew.
- Ultra Pima yarns are the favorites of KnittedKnockers.org and are typically in stock and ready for shipping
- We wind your yarn for FREE
- Shipping daily
- Join the KnittedKnockers.org Club and we'll ship monthly 2 skeins of yarn and save you an additional $4.00 every month, cancel anytime
- We are proud supporters providing a physical location, phone support (when you call with questions typically it is our shop that answers the phone, 360-756-9992)
If you are having any trouble with your knit or crochet knockers, give Apple Yarns a call, 360-756-9992, we're happy to help. We can also be found at email@example.com.
Thank you for shopping with Apple Yarns. Team 🍎
WHY A KNITTED KNOCKER - There are over 50K mastectomies in the US each year. Prostheses are expensive, hot and heavy; Knitted Knockers are soft, lightweight and huggable; each one is made by a volunteer knitter or crocheter. The 500,000 hand-knit/crochet breast protheses was handed out in early 2023.
In 2011 I had a mastectomy and I was not an immediate candidate for reconstructive surgery. My first Knocker was knit by my friend, Phyllis. It is hard to describe how grateful I was to be able to look presentable within a short time after surgery. Since then I have organized a small group of volunteers to supply our local doctors with Knitted Knockers. In 2014, I was recognized by the Susan G Koman Foundation and US Bowling Congress and received national attention for www.knittedknockers.org. My goal now is to connect volunteer knitters and crocheters with breast cancer survivors everywhere so that everyone has a “Phyllis” in their life.
Please visit our Facebook page and www.knittedknockers.org for personal stories and more information. Our group is easy to find, we have the pink ribbon in the logo and are located in Bellingham WA. We ship knockers throughout the United States.